Sunday, March 30, 2008

Total disaster with the uncoupling track. Purchased a remote momentary switch. Unfortunately, it was a normal-on switch. The magnet overheated and shorted out. Total loss. However, I learned enough to convert two more uncoupling tracks to half tracks and successfully wired them with constant 7 volt power supply.

Also made some significant progress on the yard. The runaround track is in place (not yet balasted or secured. Power to two of the three sidings. I also found two of the three remote switches requied.

Straighened up the wire morass under the layout with zip ties.
Had to superglue the RR Crossing sign for the Automatic Gateman accessory due to an accident by my assistant. I also need to ask my assistant where all my logs are. I am missing at least nine. Found one in the living room.

Found the rotating beacon tower. Also spottted some additional O roadbed.

Direct wired a remote uncoupler/unloader track for the milk platform. Everything seemed to be working fine, but now after attaching it, the unloader button does both the uncouple and unload functions! This may not be all bad?

No comments: