Sunday, May 24, 2009

Carla,
When Billy doesn't want to listen, call me I will listen. I had the pleasure of having the Das family over this afternoon. They were introduced to hot wings, and Tulasa took the lefts wings home...she's hooked now. Mrs Das is diabetic, which I was not aware of, so she couldn't join in on their 1ft Strawberry shortcake w/whipcream. It was the whipcream that blew them away. I didn't shake can first, then I shook it, and everyone one in the family (8) shook it, the you should have seen the look on their faces when I piled it up high!!

Mr & Mrs Das and I had a class on coupons. I showed how the Frys flyer works and how to reduce the cost w/coupon. Mr Das learned to turn the chicken on the grill. The Mrs Das, Kalpana, Kamala and Tulasa learned and saw the miracle of a dishwasher. Mrs Das was stun to see that the draw of dishes went in dirty and came out clean... "Where did it go?" she asked...

We had a great table discussion, about their transition from having their own seperate home to the camp. The kids watched Lion King. and Umesh had a birthday on the 16th, so we put 10 candles on the shortcake loaf before I cut it up for dessert. and sang happy birthday.

It was a great afternoon.

Iris

No comments: