Monday, June 22, 2009

If you have a moment this week and are in the vicinity of church any morning, you should stop by and see the absolutely incredible VBS that is taking place. I can't imagine the hours that the team put in to making this such a great experience, from decorations to organization. Don Wilson built part of a pirate ship, mast and all!! And Carol Brady looks great as a pirate. I took six kids who had varying degrees of fun; they were a handful at times, but caught on to my rules before our day was over. some weeks ago I had heard there were only 17 kids signed up, but word must have spread because I bet there were close to 100!

Also, I took the Ghimerey family to the annex and had to tell them over and over to take more clothes. They didn't want to take more than their share and wanted to make sure there would be enough for other families. Wow...that was refreshing! By the end, they hadn't taken enough, in my opinion, but wouldn't take more, so they were happy with what they were given. David was really happy to get the coleman water bottle and an ice tray, so he can take cold water on his job search. And they were happy to get an umbrella for their mom....

Carla

No comments: