Tuesday, November 25, 2008

New Family, Laundry Day

Trinity Team,
Yesterday we took Tara and Tika on a walk to show them where our house was and how to walk to Cactus Wren. At Cactus Wren we showed them the office where the Principal and Nurse was, showed them where the cafeteria were the playground was. I have a suggestion that I would like to pose to the team. Would it be possible to buy a bike/helmet/bike lock for Tara with the $485? A lot of kids from the apartment complex where they live ride bikes to school. I asked Tara and she said she knew how to ride a bike. If we can't buy one maybe we could ask around and see if anyone has a spare bike they can give? I think a bike would be great for Tara since she has to be at school 20 minutes earlier than her sisters. It would also allow her to ride bikes with the other kids from the apartments to school?

We can discuss this further at our meeting on Nov 30th.

Amy

We have a nearly new girl's bike helmet and a bike lock. She does know how to ride and to use hand brakes....one of the girls in the complex lets the girls take turns and they all showed me their skills. I'm sure she'd need some safety lessons, but great idea, Amy.
And congratulations to Nick for being chosen as outstanding performance artist of the month!! (I can't remember what it was actually titled, but congratulations!)

Carla

I have actually had an offer of two bikes – one guy’s & one girl’s. I believe they both may need some work on tires however.
The offer came from one of the gals in our singles class – Patty Watts. She lives in an apartment on 28th Drive between Cactus & Peoria I believe. Not too far.
Carol

2 comments:

Mike Darus said...

re: Tika and Christianity........he asked me outright if they could go to church this Sunday.....of course I said yes.......be praying! Maybe we can all work out logistics so that we all see each other and them on Sunday? What service do you think would be best? I thought first service would be more "understandable" but ?????? Suggestions?
Carla

Carla said...

Our family was still at their morning appointment with the refugee center. Elvern scoped out the laundry room which needs a makeover and would be a great project for the men's ministry. I had a nice visit with Elvern...it is always nice to get to know our brothers and sisters! Does anyone know who or what company manages this complex? We have the world at our doorstep...today I met Lucy, who is from the Marshall Islands. She drives the gold Honda Odyssey that Billy tried to get into, thinking it was our Odyssey! Anyway, today also, I passed the only caucasian I've seen there who isn't part of our team or part of the complex work crew. Quite a microcosm of our world!