Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Hi all,

Our time with the family yesterday was wonderful. We shared with them the story of the first Thanksgiving and why we celebrate it. Lest they think that we eat like pigs all the time I also tried to explain that we only make this much food once a year!!! They ate some of almost every single dish I had made and plates were all clean (“clean plate club”) when the meal was over. I was amazed – so many new foods and they liked everything, and of course were very grateful. After dinner we walked to the park across the street from my house and the girls hit a racquet ball around for a few minutes until it got too dark to see it any longer. We’ll DEFINITELY have to do that again – they loved it. Then we came home and had pie. Either they didn’t care for pie or they were just too full to eat it but those plates weren’t clean like the dinner plates were! No problem though! I took some pictures but haven’t had time to download them yet. It was a really precious time. Tom played his guitar for them and they had never heard of Jingle Bells!! He seemed quite surprised by that!!!

According to what Tika told me yesterday, the family is definitely planning to attend the 9 am service on Sunday. So I HOPE that a couple minutes can be inserted into the schedule to introduce them.

Sorry this is a day late. The last few days have been challenging. I would greatly appreciate your prayers for my son Jonathan, age 26. I think we are just learning that he is mentally ill. If it isn’t that, then pray that it gets figured out. He is in St. Luke’s psych ward right now. Please pray that he will be accurately diagnosed and that a proper treatment plan will be formulated and followed. Thank you.

Carol

No comments: