Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hi all,
I heard the chicken dinner lunch yesterday was great, and everyone had a good time. What awesome gracious hospitality, Helen and Elvern, that you could accomodate such a large group on such short notice. I think Mr. Bhattaria thought he was going to stay with me in the van instead of getting dropped off....when he couldn't get his door open he resorted to climbing over the seat to the middle row so he could exit the sliding door!

I checked with Tika re: his employee handbook, and he had read it over. I covered a few key items like dress code, time cards, lunch breaks, etc. He seemed to understand. His plan is to leave the apartment at 4 pm and catch the bus eastbound on Dunlap, get off on 23rd and walk south. I told him that the handbook discourages loitering around the job site so encouraged him to wait across the street until 4:50 pm. He continues to be concerned with paying taxes. It just occurred to me that he may think he has to pay taxes himself, not realizing it comes right out.


Carol, both Tika and Kamala are very eager to start working with you....well, for Kamala to start working with you. They both want her to have the 1:1 time....Tika said "I am very happy for Kamala to learn with Carol".

Ganga said she has more families arriving this week and they can use the few pieces of furniture that are awaiting us in the storage facility. Does anyone have access to a truck and some strong backs? There are some Nepali men who are willing to help but we still need a truck.

We have a meeting this Sunday, 1/25/09 at 12:15 in room 203.

Tika took home the flyers re: Super Bowl party on Feb. 1 but I think we'll need to do some contacting with the other families as well.

Take care all!

Carla

No comments: