Monday, January 05, 2009

Tomorrow morning I am accompanying Tara and Tika to Cactus Wren Elementary. Tara has three days' worth of school uniforms. If anyone frequents Savers or Goodwill and wouldn't mind spending a few bucks, please check for navy blue, light blue or forest green collared "polo" shirts. She has three but one just barely fits her.

After getting her situated we'll return to take Uma and Purna to Cortez to register for their classes, which start on Tuesday.

Tika and Kamala can both apply for the janitorial jobs mentioned by Helen....Mike, I'm wondering if you worked up a resume for Tika? I don't recall.....I know you mentioned something about wording his work experience at the camp. It'd be helpful to have that info for whomever takes them to apply. I can do it on Tuesday if no one else can. Also, he should go back to Goodwill and apply for that janitor job.

They are REALLY getting into those ESL DVDs we got at Burton Barr Library! Uma was watching them again today when I stopped by to drop off Tara's uniforms. Cactus Wren Elem. may also have ESL classes. Glendale Community College (all MCC colleges, I think) have more structured ESL classes that get into writing, grammar, professional english, etc. Tika and his friend Chate are interested in taking a class there. Chate was a high school teacher in Nepal. It'd be an easy bus ride. Any concerns/objections? I realize it may conflict with a future job, but it's something to think about.

Have a great Sunday......

Carla

No comments: