Monday, April 20, 2009

The attendance chart did not capture all attendees in Sunday school yesterday. It reflects our best effort--- 80++ names. Capturing names and attendance is becoming a overwhelming task for whomever volunteers to complete the task.
There were 35 14- 20 year olds working on the application.
How many were in Mike's class? 60???
How many in the Nursery/Sunday school for children? 10??

We all survived yesterdays picnic with various stages of exhaustion and exhilaration. I believe Carol Langley was close when she said there had to be close to 120 attendees at the picnic. Thank you to everyone on the team for assisting in so many wonderful helpful ways.

I was the last one to leave the park and I have two items that belong to someone:
Big orange jug - Is it from the church kitchen?
Handy pocket pliers. you will need to provide the brand name to claim it. It is not a Leatherman.

Review the roster and send your corrections. There are gaping holes!!!!!

Thanks
Elvern and Helen

Hi Helen! Thank you for always being so gracious toward me in my impatience and general peskiness when it strikes. I know I test you at times, but you always just smile and shrug and go on! I'm working on my perspective, which is overwhelmed right now.

the pliers are my dad's ...don't have a clue what brand but my niece bought them for him for Christmas, if that counts as anything. He did ask about them.

did anyone find $20 bill on the ground?

I have very mixed emotions about the overwhelming numbers, very sad emotions about the response I got from Zack in trying to engage him with our Bhutanese friends. I can not keep going at the level I've been going... Billy is having a significant set back and I've got to pull back. Today I was gone 7 hours to Mesa ending with two guys getting jobs, but I can't do that again. So as you talk to folks, if my name comes up as someone to help them get a job, take my name out of the loop. I am getting tired and not responding graciously when our friends complain to me that I am not helping enough. I need to build relationships with a few people, if that is even possible. I can't take people for jobs anymore, which is a sad thing since they all need them so desperately. I will follow up with any youth re: applications. I don't really know how to get Judy started on ESL .... not sure what her experience and/or expectations are. Ideas?

Again, you two did an amazing job and I heard good things today from some who enjoyed the picnic and hike a lot.

Carla


Ok the pliers belong to your Dad
I can understand about exhaustion. I was committed to this project from 7:30 a,m, until about 6:00 after I brought the kids home after applications at my house. Again today Elvern spent 3+ hours with the Acharya family on hotel applications and they will go for interview tomorrow. Elvern thinks one of them might get hired at the American Hotel just S of the Sheraton on Dunlap. Keep on praying.

Who got jobs today in Mesa?

Regarding the picnic, I sort of felt like a caterer who did not have a moment for person interaction with guests- the masses at the picnic.

You need to limit your time to xx (reasonable) hours per week to take care of yourself and your family.
Good night
Helen

Dilli and Lila Rizal, brothers, got jobs with GCA at the airport. Lila starts today, Dilli sometime soon. There is another opeining for a daytime shift if anyone wants to take Devi Bhattarai since he could possibly pass the test.

No comments: