Friday, April 10, 2009

Hi..........I have tortured Rati Gurung's children by taking them a dvd player and dvd's, but have not found an affordable adapter to fit from the coaxial cable input on their tv to the dvd red/yellow/white output. I found one at Radioshack for a mere $30, but figured it'd be cheaper to get a different TV. Any suggestions or spare adapters lying around?

Stopped in there this evening. Dipendra has a fever and is refusing to drink, so I'm assuming is dehydrated, thus the fever. he has been taking his antibiotic. I bought him some more ice pops and "read him the riot act", as the saying goes, about drinking lots of fluids, eating lots of ice pops and being obedient to his mom. Two fortunate things God designed: a really good interpreter who mimicked my exaggerated hand gestures and Billy was there to give testimony to more than 60 surgeries and how important it is to listen to mom. Rati replied that Dipendra runs all over the place, locks himself in the bedroom, won't listen. I was really direct with her and said NO tv, no toys, no running with friends, put him in the bedroom for five minutes and keep him there. Billy and I took the lock mechanism out of the door knob since we couldn't find a quick key for the button lock. I'm sure he'll just lock himself in the bathroom or other bedroom but at least he can't access his toys behind a locked door. I emphasized dramatically how this is for his safety and well being, that he has to learn to follow directions. I commiserated with her about being a single mom, but kept telling them she has to be in charge. I also told her that he desperately needed a bath as he hadn't had one in at least week. I think she feared making him sick by making him bathe. Even the Catholic Social services case manager gave her bad advice saying that Dipendra just needed to chew gum to exercise his jaw and he'd be okay. So I left them with children's tylenol, gatorade and popsicles and will hope things are better tomorrow. Pray for the little guy to stay out of the hospital and to start developing some obedience.

Also, just so you all know, Carol Brady is "Missionary of the Month" as she has been spending hours and hours with Bhattarais' this week on Easter, showing various Jesus films and narratives, talking late into the nights. Pray for her to have lots of energy and wisdom as she extends herself and gives such a clear testimony of Easter.
Carla

No comments: