Saturday, April 18, 2009

This morning I took Gopel, Devi, Safala and Kubuidra Tiwari (NEW) to the Great Arizona Teach In at Westgate Renaissance Hotel. These individuals all have BA or BS++ in Education. We all learned a lot and then debriefed for about 1 hour reviewing and identifying the next steps. It was a wonderful morning. with many interesting conversations about education and their hopes for teaching in Az.

I downloaded 30 applications for 14- 24 year olds to apply for summer work through a city of Phoenix job training grant. When I spoke with a few of Camelback friends this afternoon they asked if we could do it during 10:45 Sunday School Class. Mike, we will start with the big class and then break out with information and instructions on the application which is due April 24th. Do you have any ideas on where we could take the "breakout" group? I expect I may need 15-20 chairs. Are there tables in a back room at the bike shop? We decided at Camelback this noon that this activity would not be effective to do at the park.

Please note I am calling this an opportunity and not an issue or challenge.

Judy, please plan to solidify plans with Camelback friends to meet them this week. I mentioned that you are anxious to assist with English skills and they are ready.

Thanks
Helen

No comments: